FIFTH ANNUAL MEETING UPDATE: New Dates Announced. Confirmation Needed.
We announced last week that we needed to cancel the upcoming October conference, with the possibility of rescheduling, due to worsening COVID-19/Delta conditions in Louisiana. With the help and guidance of the Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel, we’re delighted to announce that we’ve now locked in new dates for the meeting: February 3-5, 2022! Our Keynote Speakers will be Kaushik Basu and Elizabeth Anderson. We hope that these new dates give us enough time to see substantial improvements in vaccination rates and disease spread, so that we can host the safest conference possible, all things considered. We hope these new dates work for you.
In light of this change to our schedule, we will need to do some careful planning. We ask you to fill out THIS FORM by August 26 to let us know one of three important things:
- Confirm: Whether you can make the new dates and are flexible with the day and time.
- Cancel: Whether you are unable to make this date and need to back out. If so, we will refund your full registration fee, if you have already registered.
- Conflict: Whether you have scheduling requests for those dates. Please let us know which dates and times do not work for your session.
Because we would like one form submission for each whole session, please get in touch with the other members of your session(s) to determine whether anyone in the session has scheduling conflicts and coordinate among yourselves to select one person to fill out the form.
Please note: The hotel will be cancelling all currently held reservations for the October meeting. We are sorry for that inconvenience and ask that you rebook your rooms using the link HERE or by contacting the hotel directly, letting them know you need a room on the PPE Society Annual Meeting block.
We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans in February!
PPE Society Conference Coordinator
Updated Cancellation Policy:
If, regrettably, you need to cancel your attendance at the 2022 Annual Meeting, then your registration payment will be refunded according to the following schedule:
- Full refund if cancellation notice is received by 11:59 pm ET on October 15, 2021
- 75% refund if cancellation notice is received between 12:00 am ET on October 16, 2021 and 11:59 pm ET on December 1, 2021
- 50% refund if cancellation notice is received between 12:00 am ET on December 2, 2021 and 11:59 pm ET on January 1, 2022
- No refund if cancellation notice is received after 12:00 am ET on January 2, 2022 or later.
Individuals needing to cancel should email the PPE Society (email@example.com) with “Registration Cancellation” in the subject line and a brief explanation of why you need to cancel in the email body.
Note: We have a pandemic clause in our conference contract that might have an impact on our liability. If the reason you must cancel is due to:
- your country, state, or institution having a current policy against travel because of the pandemic, or
- you have COVID or are caring for someone with COVID, or
- you are otherwise formally restricted from travel for COVID-related reasons,
that would be very helpful for us to know, and you may be exempt from our cancellation tiers and eligible to receive a full refund. If there is some other reason that you must cancel, we would appreciate knowing that reason too, but only for the sake of planning in the future. If you are on the program and must cancel, we do ask that you work closely with us and your session organizer to find a suitable replacement.