Updated Cancellation Policy:
If, regrettably, you need to cancel your attendance at the 2022 Annual Meeting, then your registration payment will be refunded according to the following schedule:
- Full refund if cancellation notice is received by 11:59 pm ET on October 15, 2021
- 75% refund if cancellation notice is received between 12:00 am ET on October 16, 2021 and 11:59 pm ET on December 1, 2021
- 50% refund if cancellation notice is received between 12:00 am ET on December 2, 2021 and 11:59 pm ET on January 19, 2022.
- No refund if cancellation notice is received at 12:00 am ET on January 20, 2022 or later.
Individuals needing to cancel should email the PPE Society (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Registration Cancellation” in the subject line and a brief explanation of why you need to cancel in the email body.
Note: We have a pandemic clause in our conference contract that might have an impact on our liability. If the reason you must cancel is due to:
- your country, state, or institution having a current policy against travel because of the pandemic, or
- you have COVID or are caring for someone with COVID, or
- you are otherwise formally restricted from travel for COVID-related reasons,
that would be very helpful for us to know, and you may be eligible for a partial refund. If there is some other reason that you must cancel, we would appreciate knowing that reason too, but only for the sake of planning in the future. If you are on the program and must cancel, we do ask that you work closely with us and your session organizer to find a suitable replacement.
VIDEOCONFERENCING AND VIRTUAL PRESENTATION
Videoconferencing and/or other virtual presentations are not available.
Regarding teleconferencing and virtual presentation, the PPE Society is unable to provide any sort of video streaming for its sessions. Video streaming requires a technical setup and a technical support person provided through the hotel (rather than the PPE Society itself) at costs that are high and unsustainable for the organization. PPE Society meetings are possible only because participants stay in-person at the venue hotel and register for the meeting. If we permit video streaming, the costs plus the decrease in attendance would make it impossible for the PPE Society to continue to hold its annual meeting in-person at all. The PPE Society cannot offer video streaming for these reasons, and so we ask that you attend in-person if you are on the program, or find someone who can attend in your place if you cannot be present.